Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Where is the Wine? At LocalWineEvents.com



I've been asked at a few recent tastings how to keep informed on all the wine events taking place in greater Chicago. The most thorough website listing events is LocalWineEvents.com, a national clearinghouse for tastings, dinners and wine classes.


Founder and developer Eric V. Orange created this site in 2000, and has listed close to 200,000 events since then.


When I look at the Chicago listings for any random month, I feel that, compared to other cities, Chicago is quite fortunate to have such an active and thirsty market for wine education and socializing.


Eric also has a place on his site for wine blogs; readers can vote their favorites higher up his list. Chicago Pinot ranks a distant #419 right now. I could sure use some votes from my fans!

No comments: