Sunday, May 11, 2008

New Wine Books to Read


What's almost as fun as reading about wine? Reading about it, of course! Here are a couple of books, some out now, some coming soon, I am looking forward to, along with a glass of great Pinot, of course!







One is by Alice Feiring; she's written a wine blog
(http://www.blogger.com/www.alicefeiring.com) in which she calls herself a "wine cop" fighting for purity and authenticity in wine. She seems to have a grudge against California wine and a certain Maryland based critic.

Check out this L.A. Times editorial


Another title I am looking forward to reading is by Neil Rosenthal. If I remember correctly, he was interviewed for the documentaryMondovino a few years ago. He's an New York based retailer and importer who, like Feiring, has definite ideas about what makes wine "authentic" and not compromised.
This week also brings out 101 Wines by Gary Vaynerchuk. I have been watching his video blog since around Episode 40 or so. I saw it on the shelves this Saturday night at a local B & N, but I'll have to wait until my Amazon package gets delivered. Hopefully his over the top style (that is rooted in fundamental wine knowledge) comes through on the page as much as it does on my laptop every night!







If you read any of these, or have other wine book faves, please leave a comment down below!





No comments: